Photography: Back At It!

Finally, I got up the courage to actually shoot with my 5D Mark III. I am loving the results from full frame! I spent some time reading the manual—this old girl has a lot of bells and whistles. My 18-250mm Sigma lens was not compatible with the full frame (ugh) but I am trying a 50mm prime lens, and it is very sharp.

It was agony to be without a camera for so long, but I didn’t want to rush my decision. I got a crazy deal and I am so ready to get back at it. Now that I have some time off from work and school, shooting with my new toy is priority #1. I can’t wait to share my photos with everyone!

flowers2flowers5flowers1

10 thoughts on “Photography: Back At It!

1. lovejennyxo says:

I always wanted a nice camera to play with but I feel like the complexity of them are slightly overwhelming. But after seeing these photos, just WOW! They’re so great, sharp, and clear- I need pictures like that in my life lol

xo, JJ

Liked by 1 person

• rhiannonkarynn says:

Yes, this camera has A LOT of functions… I have spent the last few days reading the manual and tinkering. I started with a less complicated model and then recently upgraded. I also took a photography class, which was awesome! You should try a DSLR, they are addicting. 🙂

2. Sincerely Bianca says:

I have the Canon T3i… I know it’s time to retire the thing. I am currently looking for a new camera as a graduation gift to myself 😉 I just can’t decide which one to get. I hear good things about the Canon 60D, but then I think to myself why don’t I just splurge on the Mark series. What are your thoughts?

PS: Awesome pictures! I am so excited to see what creations you will create! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

• rhiannonkarynn says:

Bianca,

I loved my T3i, it was such a great camera! When I decided to upgrade, I did an obscene amount of research on Canon’s full frame cameras. I saw the thousands of reviews for the 5d Mark III and they were all stellar… I had to have it.

I got a great deal from B&H Photo on an “open box” model which was brand new but the price was cut drastically. I also saved up for a while and sold my T3i.

With the 5d I can already tell the quality difference in the shots… everything is much sharper and there is less distortion and aberration. I just shoot as a hobby, but I think for me, it was worth it.

I’d say go for what you can afford, you can always upgrade further down the line. I hope this helps. Let me know what you decide!

Best,

R

• Sincerely Bianca says:

Thank you for responding! I plan to keep my T3i because I have a photography business so it’ll be good to have a back up. That’s true, I can always upgrade, electronics are always upgrading so I am sure a new one will come out in the near future. I won’t be purchasing this until May so I do have plenty of time to look around and search for the “perfect” camera.

I am glad to hear that this camera is more sharper and less distorted, that’s what I struggle with right now is getting my photo’s to be sharp.

Liked by 1 person

• rhiannonkarynn says:

Yes, also try prime lenses. Those are a lot sharper than most zooms. Less internal parts. I noticed right away when I popped on my 50MM prime… everything was sharp sharp.

I read reviews for the new Mark IV and the consensus wasn’t as positive as the III, so make sure to read up on the limitations if you go that route.

B&H also had some gently used 5d Mark IIIs, which was my other idea.

• Sincerely Bianca says:

Awesome thank you!

I do have a 50 mm 1.8 lens that I absolutely love. The only issue is sometimes I want more of a wide angle, so I typically revert back to my 18-270 mm F/3.5-6.3 which is where I struggle with the sharpness. I have tried the back button focus and I am more aware of what I am focusing on, but I feel that I just need more practice with that lens.

Liked by 1 person